Wednesday 27 March 2013

Evaluation Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product


Looking back on the preliminary task, I feel I have made a lot of progression on the editing skills as before my skills were quite basic and now for the main task I feel more confident with these using Premier Pro. When we filmed our preliminary task I had no previous knowledge of editing but I had a basic understanding after going on Premier Pro to edit it. My editing skills developed when we were editing the film as I was able to learn what function the buttons did as we were editing such as the transitions.

Looking back on the preliminary task,  I feel I have made a lot of progression on understanding of how to use the camera and have a technical understanding as out of 10 I would have given myself 4 out of 10 and now I would give myself  7 out of 10. I now understand the majority of the terminology such as panning and a close up camera angle. I also believe that I have shown these skills through our main film for example we have a close up at the end of the main character to show the shock on her face.

Looking back on the preliminary task,  I feel I have made a lot of progression on the ability to film steady shots as out of 10 I would have given myself 4 out of 10 and now I would give myself 9 out of 10. When we were filming our preliminary task we having the camera handheld, this meant that some of the shots were wobbly. However when we were filming the main film we used a tripod this meant that the shots were still.

Looking back on the preliminary task, I feel I have made a lot of progression on understanding of filming conventions as out of 10 I would have given myself 4 out of 10 and now I would give myself  8 out of 10. I was able to identify basic horror conventions before I did the preliminary task however now I believe I can recognise and effectively use horror conventions such as an isolated setting for example we have used a woods in our film when the main character is walking home.

Looking back on the preliminary task, I feel I have made a lot of progression on the ability to avoid continuity errors as out of 10 I would have given myself 8 out of 10 and now I would have given myself  9 out of 10. In our preliminary task and main film we did avoid continuity errors. We avoided them by making sure the actor wore the same clothes when we were filming and was in the same position as when we were previously filming.

Looking back on the preliminary task, I feel I have made a lot of progression on the ability to select mise-en-scene including framing and composition as out of 10 I would have given myself 3 out of 10 and now I would give myself  7 out of 10. In our preliminary task we didn’t focus on the mise-en-scene such as props or costume, however in the main film we made sure we picked mise-en-scene such as costume that was effective so that the audience can relate to the character.  We focused on framing more in our main film for example we included a close mid shot of the characters hand touching the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment